Academics by Grade
Leaders in the Classroom
At PS 377, we take measures to ensure the literacy of our students by:
- Utilizing the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project. Learn more at the Reading & Writing Project website.
- Using literacy centers to encourage independent reading.
- Overseeing that students work in small flexible groups.
- Ensuring that Social Studies and Science are integrated into the Literacy block.
At PS 377 we strive to:
- Develop our units of study using Engage NY and Go Math as resources.
- Use the common core learning standards to guide the units of study.
- Use problem solving techniques to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Use games and centers to encourage strategic mathematical thinking and deepen understanding of numbers.
Parents can sign up at Artsonia to view the product of their child's imagination.
At PS 377 students and parents are encouraged to express themselves through a variety of artistic methods. Every day, students are provided with adequate time to indulge their creativity.
At PS 377, students utilize our state of the art gymnasium to learn through physical activity and health. Activities and skills include:
- Traveling and Locomotor skills
- Goal directed movements
- Rhythm and Dance
- Space awareness
- Body awareness
- Throwing and Catching
- Jumping and Landing
- Injury prevention and Safety
- Kicking, Striking and Punting
- Small and large group activities
- Nutrition and Health
- Yoga, Breathing and Relaxation