At PS 377, our mission is to empower all students to be critical thinkers, problem solvers and compassionate leaders, who embrace cultural differences, encourage others to meet their potential and develop their own self-awareness. Through collaborative efforts of parents, the community, staff and students we will develop a culture of analytical thinking, social intelligence and a love of learning which will assist in creating future leaders who will make a difference in society.
At PS 377, we believe that all students have the capacity to lead and aspire in their school community and beyond. Each student has the power within themselves to see and reach their own potential to be successful in a changing world. As a school community, we will respect one another, put forth our very best, take responsibility for our actions, and find the positives in everyday life.
Leader in Me
The Leader in Me is the foundation of our school in supporting leadership development in our students.
- We develop teacher leadership and create a culture of a shared sense of direction.
- Helps students take more ownership for their academic learning and goal achievement.
- Assist families in understanding and reinforcing the 7 habits at home.
What is Leader in Me?
Lead impactful discussions
Develop self awareness
Engage in learning
Reflect on goals
7 Habits of Leader in Me
- Be Proactive.
- Begin with the End in Mind.
- Put First Things First.
- Think Win-Win.
- Seek to First to Understand, then to be Understood.
- Sharpen the Saw.